BEST PAPER AWARD FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS
Young researchers are encouraged to contest for Best Paper by presenting their research work in the 12 Subject Areas (Code:0-12).
The Best Paper Award carries a Certificate of merit and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/-. The awardees are also eligible for a Contingency grant of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One lakh only) for two years for pursuing further research,based on a proposal submitted to the Council.
The contestants should submit one page abstract &full length paper as per the stipulated guidelines.
- Number of authors in the case of contest papers should not be more than three.
- Upper age limit of a candidate for Best Paper Award will be 35 years as on 01.01.2017. A relaxation of five years is allowed for women and SC/ST candidates.
- Candidate should be bona-fide researcher with minimum qualification of Post-graduation in science or graduation in professional courses.
- Candidates should be scientists/researcher working in Kerala or a person from Kerala working outside or anyone who is working on a problem relevant to Kerala State.
- Contributions should be in any of the twelve subject areas (Code: 01-12).
- Application should be forwarded by the Head of the institution/department where the work is carried out.
- The work should be certified by the concerned Supervisor/Head of the Department of the contesting author.
- Candidates can choose their presentation as a contest paper or general paper and also the subject classification for their presentation. However their choice for contest/general presentations and the subject area will remain provisional. There will be a review panel constituted for each subject area and special topics (Code: 01-12) for scrutinizing the submitted papers and deciding whether they are accepted and qualify for the contest/general presentation or rejected, subject to the score obtained during the evaluation.
- If there are no suitable contributions in a particular area chosen for the award as per the opinion of the judges, awards will not be given in that subject area.
- ONLY ABSTRACTS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE "PROCEEDINGS". AUTHORS ARE PERMITTED TO PUBLISH THE PAPERS ELSEWHERE
The nomination should contain the title of the paper with subject code and subject area, name, gender and date of birth of the contestant and declaration to the effect that all the prerequisites for consideration for the award are satisfied, duly certified by the Head of Institution. In the case of Universities, Heads of Departments may forward the nominations.
Best Paper Award contestants should submit attested photocopies of documentary evidence on age, gender, SC/ST category, qualifications and experience along with filled up nomination form to The General Convener, 29th Kerala Science Congress, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P O, Trivandrum- 695 004, not later than (11th November 2016) extended to 20th November 2016.Originals of certificates are not to be sent. However, they have to be produced for verification at the Science Congress Venue.
SUBMISSION of ARTICLE:
The contributors must submit one page abstract as well as full paper.Only Abstract will be published in the Proceedings of the Congress. Full paper is required for the evaluation purpose only.